If you're looking at this ad, you probably already know how incredible, fun and rare these cars are. BMW made only 2,071 of these cars for North America; only 63 were produced in Montreal Blue Metallic with a 5-speed. This is a very special car and I have maintained, loved and respected this car as a BMW enthusiast through the 10 years I've owned it.
Southern car. Has NEVER been driven on snowy/salty roads. EVER. No rust.
* 2.8L mated to a 5-speed manual transmission, 138k miles
* Montreal Blue Metallic over beige leather interior
* SSR Semi-solid forged comp lightweight wheels with Michelin Pilot SuperSport tires. Very rare. Made in Japan
** Original 15-spoke staggered wheels available for $600 more.
* Bilstein Sport suspension with H&R race springs, Treehouse Racing control-arm bushings, ball-joints, shock mounts, sway-bar bushings, etc. Nice firm and lowered ride.
* Mishimoto 3-row aluminum radiator w/ lifetime warranty
* CD changer delete w/ Dice auxiliary input installed in place + custom cell-phone mount
* Brembo brake rotors and Hawk DTC-70 pads (used set of Hawk HPS pads also included)
* M-Stitched Italian leather shift/brake boots
* Drives strong. Handles great. Runs solid and reliable
* Service records and detailed maint. spreadsheet. Original manuals/cassette/case
Preventative maint. done within 20k miles:
* Beisan VANOS seal upgrade
* Full cooling system refresh: Stewart water pump w/ ECS aluminum pulley, Mishimoto radiator, new hoses/thermostat, sensors, mounts, etc
* Iridium plugs and thorough clean of ICV, DISA, CCV, throttle body, MAF, wheel sensors, etc
* Transmission & Diff fluid changed with Redline synthetic + rear speed sensor
* New belt pulleys, tensioners, belts
* Door handle gaskets, glove box reinforcement, hood liner, etc
* Oil changes with Mobil 1/Mann
* ABS module rebuilt
* I will include 2 boxes full of spare parts for the right price
* and more
* 1st owner purchased and used in Houston, TX. Dealership maintained.
* 2nd owner = me in 2008. I kept car in Nashville, TN until 2012 when I moved to New Hampshire where it has been since. Always garaged. In winter it hibernates under blankets and does not come out to play until Spring.
* Apr 2011 minor low-speed accident. New bumper. Hood repainted.
The negatives - full disclosure:
* Car has rock chips in front bumper/lower hood. Could use some touch up paint. Minor scratches elsewhere.
* Rear headliner is beginning to droop. Would benefit from replacement
* Rear wiper not functioning (I've never missed it in 10 years)
* SSR wheels missing one center vanity cap
* Leather in seats is cracking
* Interior door pull handles are loose
CLEAN AND CLEAR TITLE. Ready for a quick sale.
VIN#: 4USCK5335XLE95540 - Mfg. 02/99 - M52TU engine
* Yes, this car truly has never seen a snowy/salty road. The underside is excellent.
* Selling because I have two young kids and no time to enjoy this anymore. I love this car deeply and selling was a hard decision.
* Yes, I will ship. Buyer must arrange and pay for transportation.
* If you see this listing, the car is still available
* No low-ballers. I am not desperate to sell this car. Will accept reasonable offer close to asking price.