BMW Z3 Coupe built by RennWerks Performance (Now Sprint-Motorsports and DIY or DIE Techshop) and Edge Motorworks.
This is a complete race ready car for NASA GTS3, ITR, and SCCA with NASA log book.
This is a great car that was built to be reliable and responsive at the track and perfect for those wanting to get more involved in racing and hone their driver skills. The car was originally built by Edge Motorworks. TC Designs was contracted to do the roll cage. The customer wanted better handling and brought it to Rennwerks to tune the suspension and provide finishing touches. The Z3 Coupe has proven to be extremely agile in the turns (better than a Miata, almost as light, and with much more power). It handles the turns better than my E36 M3 racecar. When racing with a close buddy of mine at Laguna Seca, I couldn’t shake him because of the higher performance of the “clownshoe” in the turns. I have not done a recent dyno of the car but based on comparison to my E36 M3 it feels as if it is close to 285hp. The car was originally built for a customer who later sold it back to us when he decided build an F-Sport for the track. It was then driven by my girlfriend and myself for a few track days. It has never been wrecked. Frame and body are all original and in excellent shape. Fluids and spark plugs were changed before every race to keep everything healthy.
I was planning on dropping an S54/55 and doing a major brake system upgrade to handle the power for unlimited class, I have two other race cars that I have placed my focus on. So aside from 3 track days this year with Tracktime Group it has basically been taking up garage space. I have decided that it is time for it to go to another home and driver that will fully appreciate and enjoy it.
As a bonus, the car still has California registration. I did some canyon driving with it one summer. If I say anymore, I would implicate myself for major fines…hehe ?
To start things off, it has a Sparco EVO 2 Plus Race seat designed for accommodation of HANS device (I am willing to reduce sale price by $1000 if you do not want the seat). The seat fits people who are 6ft tall with average body size. It will also come with a custom seat bracket that can be changed out to raise the seat and accommodate shorter persons.
Note: Duct tape on the hood in the pictures is to prevent air from getting under hood leading edges when traveling faster than 100mph.
• Has Larger M54 3L engine with cams, tune, short tube headers for better torque, High Flow intake. Custom Cam Grind for better low-end torque and more horsepower in top-end. Runs on 100+ octane race fuel only. Original 2.8l motor is a spare. Oil pump sprocket is welded. Oil pan baffle. Smog controls eliminated, except for evap and programmed out of ecu.
• Stewart High-Flow water pump.
• Mishimoto large capacity aluminum radiator, Low temp thermostat with relief hole
• Full NASCAR style roll cage built and fabricated by TC Design. Best roll cage builder in Northern California.
• Fire Supression system with remote pull handle
• S5D-320z transmission.
• Short shifter, clutch and gas pedal stops.
• Upgraded Transmission mounts.
• Added VDO gauge set with oil temp, oil pressure, and water temp
• Longacre FIA certified electrical cut-off switch.
• Simpson and Teamtech safety nets.
• Schroth Harness 6-point Harness with Cam Lock- Expired 2018 –Will need to be replaced if you are going to race with NASA and SCCA.
• TC Kline Coil-Over Suspension.
• Camber/Caster Plates
• Strong-Strut Strut Tower Brace.
• Solid spherical bushings on front control arms.
• Rear Subframe and differential mounts modified with Hardened Urethane Mounts.
• Rear Subframe is modified with Provisions for Camber and Toe Adjustments of Rear Trailing Arms.
• BMW M3 Locking differential installed with finned cover and extra capacity.
• 2 sets of Kosei Wheels with R888 tires and rains. 3 track sessions left on each set.
• Other misc items.