The Z3 is a great sports car that offers a thrilling driving experience – and the uniquely-shaped Coupe is a lot more uncommon than the roadster! This was one of the quirkiest BMW models of the 1990s, adding a surprisingly practical hatchback design to the popular Z3. This example boasts a 5-speed manual transmission and relatively low mileage – and it also touts few modifications and some great equipment, like heated seats. This Z3 Coupe is also offered with no reserve, which adds to the appeal of this already unique and exciting car.
THIS… is a 1999 BMW Z3 2.8i Coupe, finished in Arctic Silver Metallic with a black interior.
- This coupe is equipped with the desirable 5-speed manual transmission, and its odometer indicates approximately 64,300 miles.
- The attached Carfax history report lists no accidents or odometer discrepancies in this Z3's past.
- A window sticker is provided in the photo gallery showing an original MSRP of $39,820. Factory equipment includes 17-inch "Style 32" wheels, a sunroof, wood interior trim, heated and power-adjustable seats, a CD player, and a Harman Kardon sound system, among other features. Modifications reported by the seller are limited to a hydraulic belt tensioner, tinted windows, and an M-branded shift knob.
- Released for 1996, the Z3 was welcomed as a rear-wheel-drive roadster with two seats and a relatively affordable price tag; it was a true driver's car. BMW kept development costs in check by sourcing some components from the E30 and E36 3 Series parts bins, and it built the Z3 in South Carolina. 1997 brought a 6-cylinder engine, and the coupe arrived for 1999 with a shooting brake-like design that earned it the nickname "Clown Shoe." Production of both body styles ended in 2002.
- Power comes from a 2.8-liter straight-6 engine, rated at 193 horsepower and 203 lb-ft of torque. Output is sent to the rear wheels via a 5-speed manual transmission.
A window sticker is provided in the photo gallery, and a partial list of notable equipment includes:
- 17-inch "Style 32" wheels
- Fog lights
- Wood interior trim
- Chrome interior accents
- Leather upholstery
- Heated and power-adjustable seats
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Air conditioning
- BMW CD radio
- Harman Kardon premium sound system
- On-board computer
- Cruise control
- Central locking system
- Hydraulic belt tensioner
- Tinted windows
- M-branded shift knob
- Scratches and chips on front bumper
- Spot of peeling clearcoat on hood
- Crack in paint under driver-side door mirror
- Scuffs on roof
- Scratches on rear bumper and on passenger-side quarter panel
- Scratches on the wheels
- Wear on both seats
Recent Service History
The seller reports that the following services have been performed:
- March 2021: New battery installed
- September 2020 (~63,900 miles): Engine oil and filter changed, brake fluid flushed, plus replacement of front brake rotors and calipers, intake boot, radiator and hoses, water pump, cooling fan, thermostat, coolant expansion tank, air conditioning belt, and accessory drive belt and tensioners
- August 2020: New Michelin Pilot Sport 4 all season tires mounted and balanced
Receipts for some of these parts are pictured in the gallery. Some additional service information is provided in the attached Carfax history report.
Other Items Included in Sale
- 1 key
- Owner's manuals
- Window sticker
- Available service records
- Bentley Publishers Z3 service manual
- Factory shift knob
The seller purchased this Z3 Coupe in July 2020 and has driven it roughly 1,000 miles since.