Now this is special! The BMW Z3 Coupe "Clown Shoe" is a fantastic and uniquely-shaped sporty car that's a lot rarer than the Roadster model – and it's loved by the enthusiast community for its engaging driving experience, surprising practicality, and overall quirkiness. This particular Z3 Coupe's odometer shows just over 16,000 miles, which surely makes it one of the lowest mileage examples around. It also touts a gorgeous Alpine White over Tanin Red color combination with the larger 2.8-liter 6-cylinder engine – and it's completely unmodified. This Z3 also comes with a clean, accident-free Carfax report showing warm-climate Southern ownership – and it's reportedly been kept by the original owner since new, which further enhances its appeal.
THIS... is a 2000 BMW Z3 2.8i Coupe, finished in Alpine White with a Tanin Red interior.
- The odometer displays approximately 16,100 miles.
- The attached Carfax history report shows no accidents or mileage discrepancies in this BMW's past; it also shows Florida and Georgia ownership from new.
- According to the window sticker provided in the gallery, factory equipment includes 17-inch Style 32 wheels, a power sunroof, leather upholstery, power-adjustable sport seats, a 3-spoke M-Technic steering wheel, a Harman/Kardon sound system, and more as detailed below. The seller reports no modifications.
- Released for 1996, the Z3 was welcomed as a rear-wheel-drive sports car with two seats and a relatively affordable price tag; it was a true driver's car. BMW kept development costs in check by sourcing some components from the E30 and E36 3 Series parts bins, and it built the Z3 in South Carolina. The Z3 was available with numerous engine options, from a 1.9-liter inline-4 engine all the way up to the venerable S54 inline-6 found in the 2001 and 2002 M Coupe and Roadster.
- Power comes from a 2.8-liter M52 inline-6, rated at 193 horsepower and 206 lb-ft of torque. Output is sent to the rear wheels via a 4-speed automatic transmission.
A window sticker is shown in the gallery, and a partial list of notable equipment includes:
- 17-inch Style 32 wheels
- Dynamic Stability Control (DSC)
- Fog lights
- Power sunroof
- Leather upholstery
- Power-adjustable sport seats
- 3-spoke M-Technic steering wheel
- Maple wood interior trim with chrome accents
- Power windows and door locks
- Harman/Kardon sound system
- 6-disc CD changer
- Cruise control
- Chips and scratches on and under the front bumper
- Cracked passenger-side front reflector
- 2018 and 2017 date codes on the tires
- Creases and wear on seats
- The headliner is sagging in some areas
- Some wear on the footwell carpet
Recent Service History
The attached Carfax history report indicates that the engine oil and filter were changed in October 2018 at 15,917 miles.
The seller states that the tires and the battery were recently replaced and the engine oil and filter were recently changed.
Other Items Included in Sale
- 2 keys
- Owner's manuals
- Window sticker
The seller is representing the sale of this BMW on behalf of their grandfather, who reportedly purchased this Z3 Coupe new in April 2000. The seller states that the Carfax report shows a change in ownership in 2015 due to a clerical error and in 2022 when replacing a lost title.